Indian Railways each and every train has reserved seats under VIP/ Emergency Quota. This seats is to be used by Railway Officials or VIPs in case of Emergency.
A letter of recommendation issued by a gazetted officer or a concerned VIP is needed to get confirmed seat and it has to be submitted in the office of Station Master before the start of journey.
An RTI was filed with Western Railway-Mumbai Division to obtain such type of data about the Golden Temple Express (12903) which originated from Mumbai Central Railway Station and the destination is Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway Station, New Delhi.
The point wise details asked in the RTI are as follows :-
- From 06-11-2023 to 11-11-2023, how many seats were allotted or number of passengers travelled under VIP Quota/ Emergency Quota in Sleeper Class, 3AC, 2AC, 1AC in Golden Temple Express.(Kindly provide day wise categorisation of allotted seats).
- Kindly provide the designation of each traveller travelled under VIP Quota/ Emergency Quota in Golden Temple Express from 06-11-2023 to 11-11-2023 in each class. (Sleeper Class, 3AC, 2AC, 1AC)..(Kindly provide day wise categorisation of allotted).
The objective to sought this type of information is to make sure that officials of Indian railways does not involve in corruption activity by allotting VIP/ Emergency Quota Seats to those persons who are non entitled get seats under this quota.
Reply provided by Central Public Information Officer (CPIO) on the above mentioned RTI is given below :-
- CPIO didn't provide the information sought in point number 1 in RTI.
- CPIO provided the designation of those people who travelled or gave their recommendation to allott VIP/ Emergency Quota in Golden Temple Express from 06-11-2023 to 11-11-2023 as sought in point number 2. But he provide the VIP Quota Details of Sleeper Class only. Neither he provide the VIP Quota allotment details of 3AC, 2AC and 1 AC nor he gave any possible reason to not to do so.
- There is a possibility that CPIO can forgot to provide the other class VIP Quota Details or there is also a possibility that something fishy is going on while allotting the VIP Quota that's why CPIO refrain himself to provide other class VIP Quota details.
- Also the RTI reply shows the lazy approach of CPIO while handling the RTI matters as he provide half information.
- Applicant doesn't push his RTI application by filing first appeal to first appellate authority because its only a waste of time and of no use.
- Indian Railways store the details of VIP/ Emergency Quota allotment for 3 months in this age of technological era. This 3 months time period gave them a protection to not to get caught in case they are allotting VIP Quota seats to non entitled person. After that time period is finish they delete/ destroy any material related to the VIP Quota seat allotment.
- Readers can See Here the Reply of CPIO about the VIP/ Emergency Quota Allotment Details of Golden Temple Express. (12903)
- In case of any query regarding the RTI, our readers can contact us on +918869850001.